Every once in a while a cover comes out and rocks our world. From the Red Hot Chili Peppers to Jimi Hendrix, there are countless covers that are worth listening to, because they rocked just as much, or even more than the original.
Image via BuyMePosters.com
Check out our article 10 Amazing Cover Songs by Your Favorite Rock Bands, and see for yourself. But for every Jimi Hendrix cover, there is a Miley Cyrus one following right behind. Today we bring you artists that should have never covered certain songs, and after hearing their version, you’ll understand why.
10. Hilary Duff - My Generation (Originally by The Who)
9. Madonna - American Pie (Originally by Don McClean)
8. Girls Aloud V.S. Sugababes - Walk This Way (Originally by Aerosmith)
7. Britney Spear - I Love Rock 'N' Roll (Originally by The Arrows)
6. All Saints - Under The Bridge (Originally by The Red Hot Chili Peppers)
5. Miley Cyrus and The Flaming Lips - Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds (Originally by The Beatles)
4. Orianthi - Sunshine Of Your Love (Originally by Cream)
3. Miley Cyrus - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Originally by Nirvana)
2. Snoop Dogg - Sad But True (Originally by Metallica)
Image via Tenor
1. Kanye West - Bohemian Rhapsody (Originally by Queen)
How do you feel when your favourite song is covered by another artist? Do you appreciate the effort, or do you believe some songs should never be touched? Give us your thoughts!
Subscribe to University of Rock's official newsletter here for more stories you don't want to miss plus exclusive new releases, promotions, and more.
Are you a musician looking to grow your Instagram following? Click here to reserve a feature on one of our accounts!