Blog Writer Internship
Are you passionate about rock music and writing? Do you spend a lot of time keeping up with the latest rock bands and news? Do you find excitement in social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Snapchat? University of Rock (uRock) is an Instagram based media/lifestyle brand that currently has 130,000 followers as well as over 150,000 #universityofrock hashtags (we are currently the #1 hashtagged university in the world on Instagram - and no we are not an actual university).
uRock has a huge demographic of musicians and music lovers from all over the world and combined with our sub accounts, we have over 400,000 IG followers. We've collaborated with big names in the industry such as PRS Guitars, Taylor Guitars, TC Electronic, famous YouTubers, and more.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about music and writing; and who is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships. If you are a musician, that is a huge plus. We are looking for talented writers to help develop and grow our online blog.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create an effective short/long term content game plan and marketing calendar.
- How to effectively manage and oversee the uRock News department (Blog Editor Position only)
- How to growth hack and create compelling/viral articles that people love to read
- Beginner to advanced strategies in marketing and branding
- And much more – you will work closely with our Founder Jon Kage who is an experienced young entrepreneur that has started and successfully grown multiple companies
- Experience in writing and editing
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- If you play an instrument, that is a huge plus
- Creative mind who likes to think outside of the box
- Someone who keeps up to date with rock/pop culture and the latest trends in music
- Must be passionate and have positive energy
- Genuine love for writing, and excitement to learn new skills.
- Attending at least 1 meeting per week
- Writing at least 3 articles per week
If this sounds like the internship of the year for you, we want to hear from you.
The position begins ASAP and ends in 3 months, the end date is flexible and could be extended upon request. You will be working remotely from home for the majority of the internship and possibly at various coffee shops and locations around the Hollywood/Los Angeles if you live in the area.
Please note that this internship is UNPAID, and in place of compensation you will get a ton of value from a real, experienced young entrepreneur and practitioner. Some perks of the internship include: discounts on our merch, social media shoutouts, publicity for your creative writing, and more.
There may be paid positions available at the end of the internship.
To apply please submit your application below: