Graphic Design Internship
Are you passionate about graphic design? Do you spend a lot of time keeping up with the latest graphic trends online? Do you find excitement in social media platforms such as Instagram and YouTube? With over 800k + followers combined, University of Rock (uRock) is Instagram's premier music community.
uRock has a huge demographic of musicians and music lovers from all over the world. We've collaborated with big names in the industry such as PRS Guitars, Taylor Guitars, TC Electronic, various Influencers, and more.
We have a fast paced work environment and are seeking passionate graphic designers who crave to learn new skillsets and grow everyday. As an intern, you will work directly with uRock Founder Jon Kage and the uRock team in brainstorming and implementing new design ideas for new merch, advertisements, and more.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about graphic design, music, social media; and who is creative and passionate when it comes to building a hip, sustainable brand. If you are a musician, that is a huge plus.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Brainstorming and developing graphic designs for UR merch, advertisements, website, and more
- Working 1 on 1 with UR Founder Jon Kage in helping launch the new UR clothing line
- Developing relevant/viral designs that spreads like wildfire
- Learning beginner to advanced strategies in social media, marketing and branding
- And more
What We Require:
- At least 2 years experience in graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Knowledge of social media (particularly Instagram)
- Optional but huge plus - Background as a musician (guitarist, bassist, drummer, keyboardist, or singer). The more instruments you play, the better.
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative mind who likes to think outside of the box
- Someone who keeps up to date with pop culture and the latest trends
- Genuine love for graphic design, music, and social media
- Must have at least 10 (minimum) - 20 hours (max) a week to dedicate to the internship
If this sounds like the internship of the year for you, we want to hear from you!
The position begins ASAP and ends in 3 months, the end date is flexible and could be extended upon request. You will be working remotely from home for the majority of the internship and possibly at various coffee shops and locations around Hollywood/Los Angeles if you live in the area.
Please note that this internship is unpaid (college credit may be available). Some perks of the internship include: discounts on our merch, social media shoutouts (if you are a musician, we may help you promote your own page), and more.
*There will be an opportunity for a paid position after the internship is over. In the past we have hired over 90% of our interns as regular ongoing team members.