Social Media Internship
Are you passionate about music? Do you spend a lot of time keeping up with the latest trends online? Do you find excitement in social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, and Snapchat? University of Rock (uRock) is an Instagram based music lifestyle brand that currently has 160,000 followers as well as over 170,000 #universityofrock hashtags (we are currently the #1 hashtagged university in the world on Instagram - and no we are not an actual university).
uRock has a huge demographic of musicians and music lovers from all over the world and combined with our sub accounts, we have over 450,000 IG followers. We've collaborated with big names in the industry such as PRS Guitars, Taylor Guitars, TC Electronic, various Influencers, and more.
We have a fast paced work environment and are seeking passionate music lovers who crave to learn new skillsets and grow everyday. As an intern, you will work directly with uRock Founder Jon Kage in helping develop and grow uRock and it's sub accounts on Instagram, as well as additional social media platforms (if necessary).
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about music and social media; and who is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships. If you are a musician, that is a huge plus.
What You Will Learn:
- How to create an effective short/long term social media plan and marketing calendar
- How to track social media analytics using HootSuite, Bit.ly, and other software, and report results and new ideas to our marketing team
- How to growth hack and create compelling/viral content that spreads like wildfire
- Beginner to advanced strategies in social media, marketing and branding
What We Require:
- Knowledge of social media (particularly Instagram)
- Background as a musician (guitarist, bassist, drummer, keyboardist, or singer). The more instruments you play, the better.
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Creative mind who likes to think outside of the box
- Someone who keeps up to date with pop culture and the latest trends
- Genuine love for music and social media
If this sounds like the internship of the year for you, we want to hear from you.
The position begins ASAP and ends in 3 months, the end date is flexible and could be extended upon request. You will be working remotely from home for the majority of the internship and possibly at various coffee shops and locations around Hollywood/Los Angeles if you live in the area.
Please note that this internship is unpaid (college credit may be available). Some perks of the internship include: discounts on our merch, social media shoutouts
(if you are a musician, we may help you promote your own page), and more.
*Paid positions may be available at the end of the internship.
To apply please submit your application below: