Are you obsessed with keeping up with the latest music trends online? Do you spend a lot of time on social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook? University of Rock (uRock) is an Instagram based media/lifestyle brand that currently has 233,000 followers as well as over 300,000 #universityofrock hashtags (we are currently the #1 hashtagged university in the world on Instagram - and no we are not an actual university).
UR has a huge demographic of musicians and music lovers from all over the world and combined with our sub accounts, we have over 600,000 IG followers. We've collaborated with big names in the industry such as PRS Guitars, Taylor Guitars, TC Electronic, prominent music influencers, and more.
We have a fast paced work environment and are seeking passionate, like-minded individuals who crave to learn new skillsets and be the best versions of themselves. As a UR Assistant, you will work directly with UR Founder Jon Kage and the UR team in helping develop and grow UR and it's sub accounts on Instagram.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is a musician (highly preferred) and super passionate about music and social media; as well as someone who is organized, creative, and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Curating hip/relatable/viral content to share on our IG accounts.
- Managing communication/building relationships between our customers/fans/partners.
- Collaborating with as well as reaching out to influencers/brands regarding sponsored posts/features/giveaways etc.
- Other administrative tasks related to the business.
- And more
You will work closely with our Founder Jon Kage who is an experienced young entrepreneur that has started and successfully grown multiple companies.
What We Require:
- Background in music (as a guitarist, bassist, drummer, keyboardist, vocalist - will depend on which IG accounts you're applying to help out for)
- Background in Social Media (Instagram in particular), Marketing, Branding or other related discipline.
- Must speak FLUENT English.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to determine musician skills levels from beginner to advanced. For example if you're helping with Drum University, you should be able to tell which drummers are beginners, intermediate, and advanced.
- Ability to keep up with other music accounts and stay on top of music trends.
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Genuine love for using social media, and excitement to learn new skills.
- Must be able to commit at least 10-15 hours a week.
- Must have a reliable/fast smart phone.
- Exclusive discounts on UR merch
- Being part of an exciting startup
- Potential access to future UR events
- Insight into a modern day internet business based off Instagram
- And much more
This is a paid part-time position. Pay rate is negotiable and will be determined based on your location, skill level, and other factors.
If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
The position begins August 15th, 2018 and is remote based, meaning you will get to work from your location of choice as everything is done via the internet. We are looking for someone long term! We want you to grow with us over the years and be part of our core team and the uRock movement!
To apply please thoroughly fill out the application below: